Well hello out there! Welcome to my very first post of my very first blog. I must say, I'm very glad that you are here to visit! Now that you are here you are probably asking yourself WHY you are here. Well let me explain...
I am a modern domestic. I work at a desk in an office 11 hours a day pursuing my dream career in one of the biggest cities in the United States. I live in an apartment paying way too much rent making way too little money. I am living the modern girl's dream! However, I am as domestic as they come. I decorate, I sew, I clean, I cook...I try to have it all!
I was raised in the midwest with old fashioned ideals of how to prepare a home. My mother (the original modern domestic) was a career woman when most mom's were still staying at home doing all things domestic. However, she was able to manage a career and a home and do it all and beautifully! She taught me how to make a home, clean it, nuture it, care for it, and enjoy living in it.
What makes a modern domestic special is that no matter how little time we have, we have a undying desire to live a certain way, eat a certain way and entertain a certain way. A modern domestic doesn't wait to live the way she wants, rather she lives that way everyday! Regardless of money or time, there is no reason that you can't live in a beautiful home, eating great food and enjoying today rather than waiting for tomorrow.
I can't wait to share all my ideas and tricks with you for making your home a special place where you can continue your journey as a modern domestic!
Happy Homing!
No comments:
Post a Comment